Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crazier Chicken Lady

One of my most popular posts is about being a Crazy Chicken Lady. Apparently, when you write about being crazy, people want to read about it. I get it. It makes you feel better about yourself. You can say, "Well, at least I'm not that crazy. You're right. You probably aren't.

Because I'm a Crazy Chicken Lady, the crazy keeps on coming. It's gotten worse since the original 2011 "Crazy Chicken Lady" post. I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise. So here's a crazy update.

- This past Christmas I got the most amazing chicken cookie jar. She's all set up in my kitchen. Amazing present! Thanks, Mom and Dad.


- I also got a rustic "Farm Fresh Eggs" wooden sign with a nice big white rooster on it. Another great Christmas present for a crazy chicken lady thanks to my sister.
- Then there's the beautiful rooster painting that my husband's late Aunt painted. It was a birthday gift from my husband's parents.
- I have a big chicken candle on the entertainment center in my living room.
- On a trip to Goodwill, I found a nice chicken plate. You know I bought it. It was like $1.50.
- There's a rooster stake in one of my plants.
- I have three chicken magnets on my fridge. One was a birthday present this past year. It says, "I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." Oh, that makes me smile. My best friend knows me well.
- Said friend also gifted me with a rooster pen and set of notecards for my birthday. Gorgeous!
- There's the spoon rest. It has a rooster on it.
- I almost forgot about the rooster olive oil bottle and little bread plates.

I'm sure there are more chicken items that I've bought or received since that first post. And I never went through and listed every single chicken statue in my house, but I'll spare you.

I have notice that a fair amount of chicken items are actually roosters. What's up with that? I think it's because most laypeople don't know the difference.

It seems like the crazy chicken lady thing is kind of out of the bag now. But it keeps me in chicken related items. Now maybe I need a chicken apron and maybe even some sort of chicken related jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment